Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Submission Procedure:
Submission is only possible electronically, please register with our abstract submission system (My Page). Authors need to assign the abstract to one of the conference topics. To ensure diversity, multiple oral presentations from the same author will be discouraged. All abstracts must be submitted not later than February 1, 2018. You receive a reference code for a successfully submitted abstract, and will be informed of the final status of the contribution (rejected, poster, oral, upgraded invited) via email by April 10, 2018.
*Please note that Scientific Committee reserves the right to accept or reject papers, and to assign them to oral presentations or posters. It is planned that selected oral presentations will be reclassified to invited lectures.
*In case the number of submissions exceeds the conference capacity, authors submitting multiple papers may be asked to reduce the number of presentations.
- Abstract Submission Requirements:
Abstracts should describe original and significant new material and work. Abstracts should contain enough details, in order to allow the referees a sound assessment of the scientific merit. Abstracts are confined to one page and should be prepared using the template. The abstract should be converted to the .pdf format and only the .pdf file should be submitted.
Kyoto Poster Award
To outstanding poster presentations, the conference will offer “Kyoto Poster Awards”. Authors that are willing to apply to the award are required to indicate it by checking two boxes and entering the name of their supervisor on the indicated line, when submitting their paper through the online submission system.
The judges evaluate the posters according to the following criteria:
- Excellence and/or originality of the research
- Clarity in presentation including the poster layout
- Scientific knowledge in a discussion at the poster session
To be eligible for the award:
- Applicants must be students or postdocs.
- Applicants must apply for the award on their submission of the abstract.
- Each applicant can register only ONE poster for the award.
- Each applicant must be the presenting author of his/her poster.
- Applicants not standing in their scheduled time of the poster session will not be considered for the award.
Awardees will be announced during the closing ceremony.